Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Whooooooo

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - Just Killin' Time

Good times. Here's the set:

Intro
Mississippi Joe Callicott - Good Time Blues / Ain't-a Gonna Lie To You
Elmore James - Mean Mistreatin' Mama / Greatest Hits (Cleo Records)
Skip James - Look At the People Standing At the Judgment / Devil Got My Woman [for Jethro]
Son House - Am I Right or Wrong / Complete Library of Congress Recordings 1941-1942
Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page - Tribute To Elmore / Strictly the Blues
David "Honeyboy" Edwards - Bad Whiskey & Cocaine / Delta Bluesman
The Allman Brothers Band - Whipping Post / The Allman Brothers Band [Cliff's Pick]

First Break

Pink Anderson - I Had My Fun / Carolina Bluesman, Vol. 1
Louisiana Red - Rollin' Stone / Louisiana Red Sings the Blues
Stackwaddy - Country Line Special / Bugger Off!
Jimmy Reed - Cold & Lonesome / T'aint No Big Thing but He Is ... Jimmy Reed
B.B. King - The Beginning of the End / Take It Home
Elvis Presley - Steamroller Blues (Live) / Aloha From Hawaii: Via Satellite
Lightnin' Hopkins - Glory Be / Houston Bound

Second Break

Billy Boy Arnold - Too Many Old Flames / Eldorado Cadillac
Robert Johnson - Last Fair Deal Gone Down / King of the Delta Blues Singers
Francine Reed - One Monkey (Don't Stop No Show) / I Got a Right! ... To Some of My Best
Eddy Clearwater - Tore Up All the Time / Boogie My Blues Away
Catfish Keith - Come Back, Old Devil / Jitterbug Swing
Magic Slim and the Teardrops - I Can't Trust My Woman / Black Tornado

Third Break

George "Wild Child" Butler - I Just Can't Please Her / Stranger
John Lee Hooker - I'm Bad Like Jesse James / Boom Boom [for Lukas]
Cephas and Wiggins - Crow Jane / Richmond Blues
Slim Harpo - Baby Scratch My Back / Tuesday's Just As Bad (V/A)
Sonny Landreth - Pinegrove Blues / Slide Guitar Blues (V/A - Icehouse Records)
J.B. Lenoir - I've Been Down For So Long / Eisenhower Blues
Blue Cheer - Rock Me Baby / Vincebus Eruptum

Very special holiday celebration coming up next week! Until then, stay positive.

Shoeless

0 comments: