Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Flatline

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

After two insanely huge weeks, it was pretty nice to kick back and just relax a little bit. Most of the selections fared pretty well in that department, and made for great ambiance while reading. I love being in the studio, no matter how tired I am. School is really grinding away at Johnny and I (as much as or more so than we're grinding away at it), so it's as good a thing as any, as good friends, to be able to sit still for a fixed two hours every single week and stay caught up - you know, get our feet under us a little bit. So what if it's in the middle of the night?! We do this for the love of the game. Here's the set:

Intro
Champion Jack Dupree - I'm a Doctor For Women / Rum and Cola Blues
The All-Stars feat. Jeff Beck - Steelin' / Guitar Boogie
Jessie Mae Hemphill - Standing In My Doorway Crying / She-Wolf
Magic Slim - Country Girl / Highway Is My Home
Professor Louie - Some Bad News / Century of the Blues

First Break

John Lee Hooker - Crawlin' King Snake / King of the Boogie [Cliff's Pick]
Sunnyland Slim - Drinking and Clowning / Meat and Gravy From Bea and Baby
Tom Waits - Chocolate Jesus / Mule Variations
Guitar Gabriel - Miss You Like the Devil / Deep In the South
Five Horse Johnson - Mississippi King / The No. 6 Dance
Jimmy Johnson - When My First Wife Quit Me / Bar Room Preacher
Wyonie Harris - Keep On Churnin' ('Til the Butter Comes) / R&B Hits 1952

Second Break

Hound Dog Taylor - Blue Guitar / Genuine Houserocking Music
Son House - Grinnin' In Your Face / The Original Delta Blues
Big Boy Spires - One of These Days / Drop Down Mama
Mark Lanegan - I'll Take Care of You / I'll Take Care of You
Algia Mae Hinton - When You Kill the Chicken Save Me the Head / Honey Babe
Jesse Fuller - Memphis Boogie / Jazz, Folk Songs, Spirituals, & Blues [for Uncle Milo!]
T-Model Ford - Can't Be Touched / Pee-Wee Get My Gun [for Uncle Milo again!]
The White Stripes - Your Southern Can Is Mine / De Stijl
Byther Smith - Look Over Your Shoulder / All Night Long

Third Break

The Allman Brothers Band - Hot 'Lanta / At Fillmore East [for Elrod]
Muddy Waters - Who's Gonna Be Your Sweet Man When I'm Gone / The London Muddy Waters Session
Victoria Spivey - Hollywood Stomp / Moaning the Blues
T-Bone Walker - She's My Old Time Used To Be / The Complete Capitol-Black & White Recordings
B.B. King and Jimi Hendrix - It's My Own Fault / The Kings' Jam [High Note]

I'm still looking for a good place to find cheap coffee that isn't awful, and any suggestions are certainly more than welcome. Other than that, thanks for tuning in, and you know we love you. Until next week, stay positive!

Shoeless

0 comments: