Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wingin' It

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - Improv Night (and not in the good, funny comedy club way ...)

The great irony of technology is that, in being something man has created to be perfect, it is naturally full of flaws. I suppose that, too, is the irony of logic. Nevertheless, technology's demons reared their ugly heads on us last night and we had to roll with the punches. I won't say that I've officially un-endorsed iTunes, but I will be more circumspect from here onward in terms of my software usage. Thank goodness for other free, open-source media players ... I don't know what we would've done without backup. I'm taking this as something cosmic: I've used technology as a crutch for far too long. perhaps it's time to re-learn the thrill of enjoying music the way it's always been done: NATURALLY. [HINT: BUY VINYL BUY VINYL BUY VINYL BUY VINYL BUY VINYL BUY VINYL] Anyway, my apologies for the diatribe. Here's the set:

Intro
Hound Dog Taylor - The Sun Is Shining / Genuine Houserocking Music
Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson - I Trusted You (But You Double-Crossed Me) / Cherry Red Blues
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood / Texas Flood [for Murphy]
John Lee Hooker and Canned Heat - Burning Hell / Hooker 'n Heat
Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A-Comin' (Acoustic) / Blues [Cliff's Pick]
Seasick Steve and the Level Devils - Fallen off a Rock / Dog House Music

First Break

Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You / Led Zeppelin III
Albert Collins - When the Welfare Turns Its Back / Ice Pickin'
[the rest of this set is by request, for Uncle Milo]:
Freddie King - Big Legged Woman / King of the Blues
Jesse Fuller - Brownskin Girl I Got My Eye On You / San Francisco Blues
T-Model Ford - Look What All You Got / You Better Keep Still

Second Break

Koko Taylor - What Came First, The Egg or the Hen? / What It Takes: The Chess Years [for Mahan]
The Allman Brothers Band - One Way Out (Live at the Fillmore) / Eat a Peach [for Elron]
Albert King - You Threw Your Love on Me Too Strong / Years Gone By
Johnny Jenkins - Rollin' Stone (feat. Duane Allman) / Ton-Ton Macoute!
ZZ Top - Apologies To Pearly / Rio Grande Mud
Charlie Sayles - Baby You Done Wrecked My Life / The Raw Harmonica Blues

Third Break

Byther Smith - Tell Me How You Like It / Tell Me How You Like It
Buddy Guy, Junior Mance, and Junior Wells - Rock Me Mama / Buddy and the Juniors
Hot Shot Willie (Blind Willie McTell) - Searching the Desert For the Blues / Statesboro Blues
The Marshall Tucker Band - Everyday I Have the Blues (Live*) / The Marshall Tucker Band (Reissue)
[*Winterland Ballroom, San Francisco, CA, September 26, 1973 - Opening for the Allman Brothers]

Thanks for bearing with us! We'll be back 100% ready to rock next week ... I promise. Until then, stay positive.

Shoeless

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must be in the air. We had some technical issues with Tha Bomb as well.